I like systems, especially when it’s something I’ll do more than three times. And I always want to be organized. When I started walking in the neighborhood and going to the gym, I discovered the things I needed with me at all times.
I keep my backpack ready to go. Except as noted, these items stay packed.
- My ID. There is a special inside pocket for my ID (driver license, healthcare cards, credit cards). I put it back in my purse at home.
- Extra car key on ring with key card. I have to turn in a car key when getting the key to the treadmill. To avoid giving them all my keys, I keep an extra car key on a separate ring. It made sense to put the center’s key card on this ring.
- Tube of skin protection. I rub this on before I leave home and throughout the day.
- Sunglasses. I keep an extra, miscellaneous pair.
- Small towel. That treadmill makes me sweat. I take it out for cleaning after each use.
- Car charger for iPhone. I listen to music while working out, and my Steps app that tracks my calories sucks the battery life). When I’m on my way back home, I need this. This is an extra one that stays in the bag.
- Bluetooth headset for iPhone. I can listen to music without getting tangled in wires. Here’s an article I wrote about this headset…love this thing. I remove it when I’m back home.
- Armband that holds iPhone. Actually, I wear this around the house too. My Steps app that I mentioned above only works if my iPhone is on me.
- Ink pens, notepad, business cards. Always ready to network.
- Pack of Lysol wipes. Always with me for disinfecting anything I touch that’s someone else has used.
- Arm band. This verifies I’ve been trained on the fitness equipment at my center.
- Igloo cooler left in the car. I keep one bottle of water in the backpack. When I get back out to my car, I want cold water. I bought this small cooler and load it with a couple of bottles from the freezer before I head out.
What do you carry with you? Leave a comment.