I must not be the only one whose letters had faded off the keyboard because I found this very inexpensive solution: Keyboard letters.
I ordered a pack of sticky letters from Amazon and very carefully adhered them to each key. Done. My laptop looks new.
Instead of buying a new keyboard for my laptop and shipping it to HP or leaving it somewhere for the installation, I spent less than $5.00 and fixed it myself.
I love gadgets that make my life easier or more fun. I have a full category on this blog for them. But I don’t just buy technology unless I need it, and need it right then. My latest is a Bluetooth headset.
Why I Wanted It
The three main reasons I wanted this device: Listen to music or watch a video on my iPad, but not be wired to it; hear my iPhone ring when it’s in another part of the house (especially since I don’t have a landline); enjoy being in the same room with a football game but not have to hear it.
I didn’t want one of those tiny earpieces because they’re too easy to lose. I ended up buying an unbranded headset on Amazon. In addition to having great sound, it also has these great features.
- Comfortable. This smooth earpiece fits around my neck and is forgotten.
- Easy storage. It’s easy to pack and go because the entire piece folds into three sections.
- Retractable wires. Push a button on each side, and the wires slide right back into place.
- Volume control. Up and down buttons right at your fingertips.
- Phone control. Answer, end, reject calls. You can also call the last number dialed.
- Music control. Adjust volume, change songs, and pause.
- Siri integration. Double-tap the Up volume control and Siri is activated.