Junky email messages are the ones you receive loaded with those darn carets (>>>).
Don’t forward a message like this without cleaning it up first. You can get rid of carets by pasting the message into Word and using the Find and Replace feature to find carets and replace all of them with nothing.
- Copy the text from an email message, and Paste it into Word.
- Press Ctrl+H.
- In the Find what box, type >. Leave the Replace with box empty (to replace > with nothing).
- Click Replace All, OK.
Now remove the blank spaces at the beginning of each line that occurred when you removed the carets.
- Select all the text (press Ctrl+A).
- Press Ctrl+E to center it, then press Ctrl+L to left-align it. All extra spaces will be gone.
- Copy and paste the text back into the email message.
Note: If you’re using Outlook with Word set as your email editor, you can do all this in the body of the email. I use Outlook as my editor.